STUDIO ASSISTANT – Kickstart Scheme (for 16 to 24-year-olds on Universal Credit)
Vacancy reference: KS451819E0
This new post offers a great opportunity to join a small, forward-thinking and creative micro-company. Working directly alongside our Founder and CEO, the successful candidate will provide support in the day-to-day operational tasks within our busy studio in Glasgow’s Southside.
We are looking for someone who is hardworking, with excellent attention to detail and willing to take on key daily tasks. This is a busy role within a busy business so requires someone who can self-motivate and work efficiently.
These tasks will include, but are not limited to:-
– Picking and packing orders between our studio and warehouse
– Studio administration and general day-to-day administration tasks
– Processing orders through accounting software and online portals
– Assisting with customer support and wholesale accounts
– Stock and materials/supplies management
– General day-to-day admin tasks
– Assisting with marketing, social media and creative tasks (as required)
– Assisting with any project work and events/trade shows (as required)
– Production assistance (as required)
We are a small but growing, disruptive and busy company. This isn’t a standard business and we pride ourselves on being different and having solid core environmental values which we maintain without compromise.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
This position would suit someone who has a passion for nature, gardening, the environment as well as art and design, products and the customer experience.
Preferred skills and experience:-
– Positive outlook and a willingness to work hard
– Excellent attention to detail
– Being reliable and a team player
– Basic IT skills inc. Excel, Gmail (mac user-preferred but not essential)
– Drivers licence preferred but not essential
WHAT WE CAN OFFER THE APPLICANT
The position is a new entry-level position and can develop depending on skills and motivations.
You will work directly with the Founder and CEO so there is the opportunity to learn about all areas of running an environmentally focused business.
There is the opportunity for this post to be extended beyond the initial 6-month contract, so we will support the individual to improve skills in business development as well as provide coaching and mentoring in all aspects of the work in our business.
We will also provide training in the use of our software and systems. As part of your training, time will be set aside for self-development and volunteering where applicable.
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce will provide employability training topics.
Other skills-based courses will also be provided over the 6 months including 6 hours of industry-specific training accessible online.